My adventures are just kicking off as the weather warms up and the desserts that just get sweeter! I found out about the big NYC Bake Sale at the Sweet Sensations event and from Lillian of Sweets by Sillianah. It was a no brainer that I had to somehow make time to go, wouldn’t you? I almost didn’t go because I was feeling tired from all the overtime I had been doing this past week. But luckily, the beautiful weather and what awaited me couldn’t keep me in bed on Saturday morning. And boy am I glad I made the 2hr trip to Brooklyn!
NYC BAKE SALE for NO KID HUNGRY
The event was held on Saturday, May 4th at the Brooklyn Flea.
Featuring the following bakers and food bloggers – I absolutele LOVE how this event was able to bring together so many talented and giving bakers and bloggers. There isn’t anything sweeter than this! Well maybe except all the delicious treats they donated to the event. I didn’t get to purchase all the goodies but for the ones I did, I listed them here.
- Baked Ideas l Sailboat Cookies
- Epicurean Creations l Green Tea Macarons with Green Tea Buttercream
- Jackie Gordon l Salted Chocolate Honey Roasted Peanut Caramel Crunch Bars
- Lou & Esi l Caramel Popcorn with Chocolate and Peanuts l Designer of the fab NYC Bake Sale banner l Sponsor of the super cute Brooklyn & Manhattan tote bags!
- Mind Over Batter l Oatmeal Raisin Sandwich Cookies
- Sheri Silver l Toasted Coconut-Lime Shortbread
- Sweets by Sillianah l Almond Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
- W 21 ST l Kougin Amann
- Wilde in the Kitchen l Birthday Cake Mallomars
- Abby Dodge, A Pug in the Kitchen, Bake or Break, Beth Lipton, Chez Lysa, Chip Chip Hooray!, Chow Bella, Cookbook Archaeology, Donuts, Dresses & Dirt, Eating Clean in the Dirty City, Eats Well With Others, Food Mayhem, Jennifer Baker Blog, Kelly Bakes, Leslie Beslie, Lucy Says, Laurel On Health Food, Mainly Gluten Free in NYC , Making Michael Pollan Proud, Nancy Matsumoto, Sweets for Dinner, Tasty Pursuits, The Baker Chick, The Dusty Baker, The Nummy List, The Rescue Baker, The Spatula Queen, Tweetealicious, Ugly Food Tastes Better
It’s hard to resist all this goodness when I feel like a kid on the morning after Halloween!
The event was sponsored by:
Raffle Sponsors also supported the event with awesome giveaways!
And these delicious Donor Bakeries donated sweet treats too:
About No Kid Hungry:
Share Our Strength began in the basement of a row house on Capitol Hill in 1984, in response to the ‘84-‘85 famine in Ethiopia. Brother and sister Bill and Debbie Shore started the organization with the belief that everyone has a strength to share in the global fight against hunger and poverty, and that in these shared strengths lie sustainable solutions. Today we focus these strengths on making No Kid Hungry a reality in America. We see a future where kids have access to the healthy food they need, every day. Kids will get a healthy breakfast every day at school so they’re ready to learn, and they won’t have to worry about how they’re going to eat when school is out for the summer when the safety net of school meals isn’t available to them. Rather than feeling the stress of food insecurity, kids will just be able to be, well, kids. For more information, visit www.nokidhungry.org