In the last few weeks I had the chance to attend two amazing fundraising events. Both filled with amazing people, delicious sweets by bloggers and a community joined together for a common cause. It’s been a while since I’ve been in the fundraising scene but attending the Sweet Sensations event for C-CAP and the NYC Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry (in a separate post) has instilled a renewed enthusiasm to ease myself back onto the scene to help out. In the meantime, try not to drool over all the delicious treats I had the pleasure of tasting. A huge thank you to Hazel Sy of Tasty Pursuits for reaching out and bringing me back into this amazing community of giving & talented bloggers.
SWEET SENSATIONS for C-CAP
The event was held on April 21st at the Old Bowery Station.
Featuring the following bakers and food bloggers:
- Chocolate Truffles l Pound for Pound
- White Miso with Sliced Almonds Ice Cream l Roasted Coconut Ice Cream l Lychee Rose Sorbet l SkyIce
- Springtime Italian Rainbow Cookies l Alejandro Ramos l www.alwaysorderdessert.com
- Banana Pudding with Nutella Whipped Cream l Angela Sanchez-Robles l www.mind-over-batter.com
- Smoked Sumatra Coffee Cupcakes l Hazel Sy l www.tastypursuits.com
- Sweet & Savory Scones (Gluten Free) l Jacqueline Raposo l www.thedustybaker.com
- Wasabi & Crystallized Ginger Dark Chocolate Brownies l Joanne Bruno l www.joanne-eatswellwithothers.com
- Matcha Pots de Creme with Black Sesame Glass l Josephine Son l www.saucysmile.wordpress.com
- Mixed Fruit Tarts with Lemon Lavender Pastry Cream l Louise Ng l www.louandesi.com
- Grasshopper Bars l Patty Lee l www.bypattylee.com
RECIPE: Strawberry Mint Mojito (Alcohol Version) by Mind Over Batter
RECIPE: Smoked Sumatra Coffee Cupcakes by Tasty Pursuits
RECIPE: Grasshopper Bars by Patty Lee
RECIPE: Matcha Pot de Creme with Black Sesame Glass by Saucy Smile
RECEIPE: Fruit Tart with Lemon Lavendar Pastry Cream by Lou & Esi
RECIPE: Springtime Italian Rainbow Cookies by Always Order Dessert
And because I’m biased about scones, I had to take solo shots of these deliciously and creatively plated scones. The goat cheese, chives and roasted walnut scone was out of this world!
The event was sponsored by:
- Stephen Collucci, Colicchio & Sons
- Mehdi Chellaoui, Chellaoui
- Openhouse and The Old Bowery Station
- Sugar Flower Bake Shop
- Pound for Pound
C-CAP works with public schools across the country to prepare at-risk high school students for college and career opportunities in the restaurant and hospitality industry. A national nonprofit, C-CAP manages the largest independent culinary scholarship program in the United States. C-CAP provides training and curriculum enrichment programs including: job training and internships, teacher training, cooking competitions and scholarships, college advising, career advising, and product donations. For more information about C-CAP, visit http://www.ccapinc.org.